Expanse Intelligence Database

Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Rise and Fall and Resurrection

As many of you know who read my blog post I am very keen on Space Genre Gaming with almost all of my post focused on this subject.  Upon my return to scene I was trying to catch-up on the news of the my gaming interests.  While going through the latest news, forum posts, and looking at what gaming conventions this year an interesting thought came across my mind.

2017 saw the rise and fall of two great gaming lines and now 2018 will hopefully see their resurrection. The first victim being Firestorm Armada by Spartan Games and the second being Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Each of their demises was sudden and tragic because new gamers are being drawn into each system. I myself have a large investment in Firestorm Armada and I backed the Dropfleet Commander Kickstarter at the highest pledge I could at the time. Each universe has a great back story and even more potential.


However all is not lost, first we heard that Spartan Games struck a deal with Warcradle for several of their games including Firestorm Armada and recently TTCombat entered into an agreement with Hawk Wargames for the Dropfleet/Dropzone Commander games.


While we have not seen anything new from Warcradle regarding Firestorm Armada miniatures. However their online presences has been changing constantly.  Warcradle has updated the Spartan Games websites and moved over the existing form or started a new one on their website, https://community.warcradle.com/forum/28-firestorm-armada/. I have not determine this for sure as of late. I may have missed a forum posting while quickly browsing all of the content.

I just saw, albeit late, that TTCombat is already working to bring the new ships of Dropfleet Commander to market.  For example they are now offering the Remnant Centurion Cruiser as limited time offer, 4 February 2018, on their website and then it will only be available at shows that TTCombat Attends. This is an amazing way for TTCombat to show their support for the game and its gamer following.

Remnant Centurion Cruiser

I have begun to turn my frown of disappointment upside down with all of these exciting changes going on with two of my favorite games.  I just now have to get Dropfleet Commander miniatures battle ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment