Expanse Intelligence Database

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Homeword Hiigaran Miniatures



A few years ago I ran across some amazing miniatures from the Homeworld PC game, specifically Hiigaran style miniatures. They were produced by War Games Supplies (wargamessupplies@rocketmail.com) and available via their site Fate Amenable to Change (http://www.fate-amenable-to-change.co.uk/hiigaran/hiigaran.html). 


The ship designers produce the Hiigaran style miniatures specifically for the game "A Call to Arms" (ACTA).  As you remember ACTA was produced by Mongoose Published for the Babylon 5 TV series miniatures game.  They have also developed the ACTA Game Cards necessary to rapidly use these ships in your games.  

Collussus Class Super-Heavy Battleship

I ended up ordering several Hiigaran Battle Group Boxset to use in various games because they look amazing and are in scale with ACTA, Full Thurst, and Firestorm Armada. The Hiigaran Battle Group box gives 28 ships and everything you need to field a superior force. The box also comes with all turrets and flight-stands for all ships.

Hiigaran Battle Group Box

The box set comes with everything you see here and it is pretty cool! 

This is some of my left over ships that I did not build out my patrol fleet

I love the way my patrol fleet sits in this Blu Foam from Portable Warfare.

The patrol fleet consist of a frigate squadron (4) and a cruiser squadron.  One of which I have upgraded to a strike cruiser / heavy cruiser / command cruiser

To add a lot of teeth to this partol fleet I added a Collussus Class Super-Heavy Battleship. Why you ask? Well because it is a cool ship...

 Here is the bottom view of the battleship.  This really are some great models.

No comments:

Post a Comment